Greetings from Wiesbaden

Everything else
Antworten
Benboy

Greetings from Wiesbaden

Beitrag von Benboy » 29.06.2005, 16:17

Hello, my name is Bennett Smith. I'm a new member of Fletcher's Corner, and this is my first posting. My friend and coworker Dustybear introduced me to your forum.

I will be at Adventon this weekend, and I hope to meet some of you.

Take it easy and see you soon.

Bennett

Taran
Forenlegende
Forenlegende

Welcome

Beitrag von Taran » 29.06.2005, 16:38

Welcome Benny, hope to see you here often. let's breathe some life into the English language forum!
Have fun!
Taran von Caer Dallben

... και δόξα τω Θεώ !

Ravenheart
Forengott
Forengott

Beitrag von Ravenheart » 29.06.2005, 16:56

"Welcome" from me too!

Never thaught, that Wiesbaden is british...
:)

Are you also able to read the german treads?
(Could be good to know, cause there are many answers + informations already in...)

What are you doin' in Wiesbaden, and did you got your bow in your package? What kind off...?

raven

Dustybaer

He made it

Beitrag von Dustybaer » 29.06.2005, 18:13

Now that you and Bud are online we can get some stuff going here. So welcome on board.

@ ravenheart

Bennett and I went to the same bowyers class. Bennett is the guy in the read shirt. He made a beautiful Sudbury bow out of hickory, pulling a good 50#, and barely any set (maybe an inch or so).

Interrestingly enough, this weekend (Adventon) Bennett will shoot the bow I made in this class and Bud will shoot the bow Bennett made in this class. :D
Bis bald

Marius

userbild by hunbow

Benboy

Beitrag von Benboy » 29.06.2005, 20:48

@Taran:
Thanks, Taran. I guess I will definitely participate in the English forum, because my German is pretty bad. See ya.

@Ravenhart:
Unfortunately, I am unable to speak and write German very well. I will only be able to participate in the English forum.

I am an Ami, not British. I am a Beamter for the US Army in Wiesbaden. I´ve been here about 16 months. As Dustybear said earlier, we attended a bow making class together in Cologne. I have a Sudbury bow. Talk to you later.

tipiHippie

RE: He made it

Beitrag von tipiHippie » 29.06.2005, 22:13

Hi Benboy,
welcome to ]:fcsmilie
I think Bud and Dustybear told you enough about this crazy but lovely people... be proud to be infected

Original geschrieben von Dustybaer

Interrestingly enough, this weekend (Adventon) Bennett will shoot the bow I made in this class and Bud will shoot the bow Bennett made in this class. :D

You must be good friedns if you share your bows - but please dont do this with your wives... sooner or later you´ll get lots of trouble :D :D :D

[royalblue](edit: zitat repariert! Rabe)[/royalblue]
>>>=====> HUGH ich habe gepostet

Dustybaer

Don't worry....

Beitrag von Dustybaer » 29.06.2005, 22:37

@ TipiHippie

no, I'm not going to tell you to be happy, because you always seem to be.:D

We will not share wives, since our taste might be similar in bows, but it differs significantly when it comes to wives.:D
Bis bald

Marius

userbild by hunbow

Benboy

@TipHippie

Beitrag von Benboy » 30.06.2005, 15:54

Since I'm not married, I can't share a wife. I know dustybear's wife and he really should hold on to her tight. After all, she lets him go play bows and arrows all the time!

horsebow

Beitrag von horsebow » 30.06.2005, 21:33

Hi Benboy,
welcome to Fletcher's Corner, where you can get more information concerning traditional archery than you can digest - and meet the most weird, strange, crazy and alltogether likeable people you can imagine! :fcsmilie
Taran said already he hopes that we can get more life to the English Language Boards, so do I.

CU in Adventon, horsebow
I shot an arrow in the air,
it fell to earth, I knew not where;
for so swiftly it flew, the sight
could not follow it in its flight.
Longfellow, Oct. 16, 1845

Karly

Hello from Stuttgart

Beitrag von Karly » 11.07.2005, 11:03

Hello Benboy,

nice to have somebody here who gives the English threads a little bit more " live " :D

I have seen Bud and Dusty in Adventon ... but where was you ?

I was the small shy slighted ...
:D

I hope i can see you and the other crazy people asap.

greatings from the south..

Antworten

Zurück zu „Miscelaneous“