Welcome

Everything else
Antworten
Taran
Forenlegende
Forenlegende

Welcome

Beitrag von Taran » 19.04.2004, 00:10

Welcome to all users who may have problems understanding German archery jargon, but still want to participate in this very active forum.
We have a lot of people building selfbows ("white woods" and yew, mostly), some who back their bows with bamboo, and some who laminate bows.

The forum focuses on traditional archery, so it is not restricted to primitive gear. We do have a lot of people who shoot glass-backed bows (longbows and recurves).

Fita-style shooters and Compound shooters are not ostracized, yet, they are encouraged, in a firm and friendly way, to take up "real" archery!:o

Hunting with a bow is illegal in Germany, so generally not a very profitable topic, as you will both find rifle hunters, who are archers, and archers who would never consider shooting at live animals here. We have shared our views and decided to let the matter rest.

We would love to hear more on composite bows, snakeskin backing etc. and trade knowledge and perhaps materials across country and language barriers.

If you look at "Usergalerien" (galleries) you will see some of the fine arrows and leather gear made by members. Artistic stuff, really!

By the way: Taran of Caer Dallben is my nick on this forum, because my real first name was already taken. On the PA message boards you may have met me as Stefan >hazel bows rule< and on ATARN as sbartels.

So much for now. Please feel free to post and mail me or other moderators, if there are questions.

I'm looking forward to meeting you.
Taran von Caer Dallben

... και δόξα τω Θεώ !

Julia

Beitrag von Julia » 20.04.2004, 09:56

A big reason why this forum has grown into the biggest archery online platform in Germany as it has is the very personal connection of its members which can a great deal be contributed to to getting together for tournaments throughout Germany and its neighbouring countries.

So if you happen to be in the country and would like to go shooting - chances are there is a tournament or a club nearby and a chance to meet a lot of FC members! Just drop a line here when you're about to come over and we'll be happy to let you know of any tournaments or happenings that you might be interested in joining.

As Taran has already explained, bow-hunting is illegal in Germany.
But there are a variety of tournaments to participate in nonetheless.

Or maybe you feel like luring us to come over to join you to go shooting together in your respective country ... let me warn you:
We might be coming!
>>>--------> ((o)) <--------<<<
Vorw?rts auf dem Weg konsequenten Voranschreitens!!!

nordbogen

Beitrag von nordbogen » 21.04.2004, 22:46

Nice thread,to train some English.I think nearly every keen bowyer has found the right door to step into the Fletchers Corner and will hold it open for others tocome and to enjoy the lure of archery and tradition.Everybody who has a little left of ancient art and tradition will have a warm WELCOME in this world and even if the name includes "Corner",he not be tightened into the corner,because here you are in the center of archery in Germany.Thank you for continueing!I read the rules and accept them.
Your sincerely "Northbow"

Antworten

Zurück zu „Miscelaneous“